20 May 2005

vacation



we are headed south for vacation and I am finding it hard to contain my excitement. though the preparations for this seven-day adventure (SEVEN WHOLE DAYS, PEOPLE) have been unbelievably detailed and tedious, I have been able to keep my head on straight and my eyes on the prize. I am looking forward to the scent of suntan lotion on my skin, the infinite sound of the ocean and ava playing so hard in the sand that she (literally) falls into bed at night. I am looking forward to catching up on my reading (who am I KIDDING), sneaking in late night swims, hunting for shells, and witnessing ezra's first experience with the water. I am thrilled to be getting out of this house and out of the city and into a car that will take me straight down to the ocean.

6 comments:

  1. "your eyes on the prize" (i giggled!) well have sooo much fun! sounds glorious! take lots of photos! i'll miss your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to get on that beach....I'm so sick of work right now. It's gonna be fun, ain't it, dear sweet wife o' mine? There'll be plenty to experience there. I'm very excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME! Vacations are ALWAYS the best. Have a ton o' fun next week and take lots of pictures! Can't wait to read up on your adventures on the blog (assuming you write about them, that is);)

    Have a safe, fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks all. you know there will be a million photos (with many accompanying words)... the computer will be coming with us (this is so sad, I know, but it's a sickness)... don't know what kind of internet access we'll have, though. may write some next week, should I feel so inspired.

    anyhoo. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooooooh to be at the ocean. ohio is soooooo far from the beach. HAVE FUN!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beachcombing. It's been a while. Have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete